Today we have the amazing RL Dodson stopping by the blog!
- Can you tell us a little bit about yourself? I spent almost 20 years working in law enforcement. Many of those years were spent working undercover narcotics. I love spending time outdoors, enjoy the beauty of nature.
- What do you do when you are not writing? Spending time with family – including my four legged baby – Belladonna, 82 lb. pit bull.
- Do you have a day job as well? Yes, Waste Management – Route Manager for Residential Services and Safety Trainer
- When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book? I wrote in high school for newspaper and annual staff. I started my first book – Heart of Jaded Justice many years ago and put it down. I decided to finish it about a year ago.
- How did you choose the genre you write in? Past work experience led me to this genre. I love romance and great suspence.
- Do you listen to music while writing? Yes, very varied however. Old Rock, Classical, Jazz, Blues and Country
- Chips or chocolate? Definitely Chips… I am a salt freak – My favorite are Dill Pickle Chips
- Do you ever experience writer’s block? Yes after a long day at work.
- Do you work with an outline, or just write? I just write with the flow, I don’t use an outline.
- Is there any particular author or book that influenced you in any way either growing up or as an adult? I loved Johnathon Livingston Seagull and Illusions by Richard Bach and EVERYTHING by Edgar A. Poe – Especially, The Raven
- Can you tell us about your challenges in getting your first book published? I was at a total loss, I self-published and would like to learn more about how to reach a larger targeted audience.
- If you had to go back and do it all over, is there any aspect of your novel or getting it published that you would change? Not sure.
- How do you market your work? What avenues have you found to work best for your genre? Still working on this one.
- Have you written a book you love that you have not been able to get published? No
- Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination? Some small aspects influenced by prior work in law enforcement.
- What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why? Prologues
- How did you come up with the title? After spending 20 years in Law Enforcement it is easy to become Jaded with Justice and my daughter’s name is Jade. She was born on Christmas day and my favorite color is green – therefore her name of Jade.
- What project are you working on now? Just completed sequel to Heart of Jaded Justice – Title is Eternal Justice
- Are there certain characters you would like to go back to, or is there a theme or idea you’d love to work with? I like Ashley and Tony and will probably do a third book with them in the future.
- What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment? I haven’t really had much feedback. The reviews stating the book held interest and they couldn’t wait for sequel, really made me feel good.
- Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans? THANK YOU and please leave feedback. I value readers opinions to make my future work better.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Get your copy of Eternal Justice today!
Title: Eternal Justice
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Ashley’s life has been devastated once before, and she has spent the last two years rebuilding her life with her sexy CIA husband and her son.
It has been over two years since retired DEA Agent Ashley Cameron-Langston tangled with the Dixie Mafia and the Colombian Drug Cartel. Nightmares and vivid dreams have become less, until a special package arrives followed by information of a contract hit on her life.
CIA Agent, Anthony Langston will do anything to protect his beautiful, strong-willed wife and a precocious six year old son, he didn’t know he had until two years ago.
With time running out, there is only one thing to do: the hunted become the hunters.
The team is learning a lesson in justice they never got in the police academies… how to become the equivalent of mercenaries and enforce Eternal Justice. In an operation of this kind, death is imminent.
Ashley examined her partner and best friend’s face, saw the worry flickering in his steel gray eyes. And her panic deepened. “I am still in love with Tony and I never told him he has a son. I have so many regrets. But, all of that put aside; this operation just doesn’t feel right.” Ashley’s features grew pained, as if the admission caused her physical torture.
Chase silenced Ashley with a sympathetic look. “Stop.” He ordered. It is pointless flinging the past up at each other. You and Anthony just need to clear the air.” His voice suddenly sounded strained. “Seriously, Ashley, what do you want?”
Enter to win 2 signed copies of Heart of Jaded Justice & Eternal Justice by a Rafflecopter giveaway
About the Author
R. L. Dodson grew up in Southern Alabama and holds a B.S. in History and Criminal Justice. She has spent almost twenty years working in the Criminal Justice Arena. From an early age, she loved to read and later wrote poetry and short stories. This is her first novel and she hopes that you enjoy taking this journey with her. R. L. now resides in Florida.
Books are available: